COPYRIGHT NOTICE


All Images are Copyrighted.
Please feel free to pin to Pinterest - but kindly ask if you wish to otherwise copy or reproduce the images from this blog.

Thank you for visiting my site.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

unsung Thanks . . .

ISO 400; 300 mm focal length; shutter speed: 1/200; f/5.6

I had intended to do a 'give thanks' style post on Sunday but got sidetracked. A fellow blogger pointed out how much we (as a society) too often fail to give thanks for the good things in our lives. So true. When I wake up at 3 am unable to fall back to sleep, my mind runs through all the things I need to do/should do/wish I could do; fretting over things I have no control over and certainly not at 3 am. My mind immediately leans towards negativity. That being said - here are 5 things, plain and simple, that made me happy today.

1. Sunshine! Not only was it sunny today, but the skies were a gorgeous blue with well defined clouds.
2. In addition to getting a couple of things accomplished inside the house - I went for my walk.
3. My family - always! (even when they are driving me batty). Today it was the friendly banter between the kids as they strolled in after school. Knock on wood - for the most part they get along and actually like each other.
4. Fuzzy socks from Bath & Body. Seriously - try them, they are beyond soft.
5. A cuddle-loving cat that loves to be wrapped in a blanket or snuggle up to sleep.

Thanks!

5 comments: